Shepherd bowl baked herder cheese on tomatoes.
We love the colorful bowl recipes, where all the ingredients are eaten from one bowl. Today we have a special variant for you, so hand out spoons and eat happily!
Milk or milk products (including lactose) • Sulfur dioxide or sulfites • Nuts • Eggs or egg products • Mustard or mustard products • Celery or celery products
Please note all the information on ingredients and allergens on the product label.
- 150 g Shepherd’s cheese ( contains milk or milk products including lactose)
- 25 g Tomato pesto (contains sulfur dioxide or sulfites)
- 150 g Basmati wild rice mix
- 1 Red bell pepper
- 1 Onion
- 4 g Souflaki spice mix
- 19 g Pecan nuts
- 250 g Cherry tomatoes
- 10 g Dill/parsley
- 50 ml Buttermilk lemon dressing (contains milk or milk products including lactose), eggs or egg products, mustard or mustard products )
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic
- 4 g Vegetable broth (contains celery or celery products )
- 1 tbsp Olive or avocado oil
- 300 ml Water
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt or to taste
- 1/2 ground pepper
Energy (kJ) 2567 kJ
Energy (kcal) 613 calories
Saturated fatty acids 4.0g
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C top/bottom heat (200°C fan oven). Halve the red bell pepper, remove the core, and cut the pepper halves into fine strips, peel and coarsely dice the onion, and peel and finely chop the garlic.
2. In a large skillet, dry, and toast the pecans for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant. Remove the pecans from the pan, allow them to cool slightly, and chop coarsely.
3. Rinse the wild rice in a sieve with cold water until the water runs clear. Add 1 tablespoon olive or avocado oil to the same skillet from step 2 and sauté the diced onions and pepper strips for 2 – 3 minutes. Add the garlic, half of the tomato pesto, and the spice mixture and sauté for 1 minute.
Add 600 ml water and vegetable broth, add salt and bring to a boil. Once boiling, stir in the wild rice and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. Then remove from the heat and let stand for another 10 minutes
4. Spread the remaining tomato pesto on the herder’s cheese and cut in half diagonally to form 2 equal triangles. Put the feta in a casserole dish together with the cherry tomatoes and bake in the oven for 15 – 20 minutes.
6. Season the wild rice pan with salt and pepper to taste and spread on plates. place the feta, melted cherry tomatoes, and the dressing. Garnish with chopped parsley and pecans. Enjoy your meal!