Chicken Breast in Fruity Cranberry Sauce
Also this year the so-called fusion kitchen is totally in trend. Typical ingredients from different regions are combined with each other. We decided to create just such a dish and the result is a true culinary highlight! Enjoy this creative dish!
- Mixing bowl
- Baking pan
- 10 g Flat parsley/rosemary
- 1 Onion
- 150 g Basmati rice
- 1 Garlic clove
- 250 g Chicken breast fillet
- 2 g Madras curry (contains mustard or mustard products )
- 25 g Apricot chutney (contains mustard or mustard products )
- 20 g Dried cranberries
- 100 g cream yogurt (contains milk or milk products including lactose)
- 4 g Chicken broth
- 20 g Butter ( Contains milk or milk products including lactose)
- 2 tbsp Olive or avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper or to taste
- 550 ml Water
- 1 medium zucchini
Energy (kJ) 3026 kJ
Energy (kcal) 723 calories
Saturated fatty acids 10.0g
1. Heat plenty of water in the kettle. Preheat the oven to 220°C top/bottom heat (200°C fan oven). Rinse the rice in a sieve with cold water until the water runs clear.
In a small saucepan, add 450ml of boiling water, and salt and bring to a boil once boiled, add the rice and let cook, covered, for approx. 10 minutes. Then remove it from the stove and let it swell for another 15 minutes.
2. Add 375ml of hot water to a skillet, add the chicken broth powder to the hot water, and place on medium heat. Roughly chop the cranberries.
Add the chopped cranberries, apricot jam, and curry to the broth. Peel and chop onion and garlic. Pluck the rosemary needles and parsley leaves and chop them separately.
3. Cut off the end of the zucchini and cut the zucchini into 0.5 cm slices. Spread zucchini slices on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (leave a little room for the chicken).
Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon oil, salt, and pepper, and bake for approx. 15 minutes until the courgettes are soft.
4. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive or avocado oil, and fry the chicken breast in it for approx. 3 minutes on each side.
Then place the chicken breast on the baking tray, season with salt and pepper, and finish cooking in the oven for approx. 10 minutes until it is no longer pink on the inside.
5. Reheat a large pan, add butter to pan drippings, add rosemary needles, diced onion, and garlic and sauté for 4 – 5 minutes.
Then deglaze with the cranberry broth.
Increase the heat and let the sauce simmer for 4 – 5 minutes until the sauce has thickened a bit. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Season the creamy yogurt in a small bowl with a little salt and pepper.
6. After the rice has soaked, fluff it up with a fork and place it on plates. Serve with the chicken breast and zucchini slices, drizzle with cranberry sauce, sprinkle with the chopped parsley, and enjoy with a dollop of yogurt. Enjoy your meal!