Caribbean sweet potato coconut stew with beans.
This stew contains so many good, balanced, and tasty ingredients that we could almost call it a power pot. Ingredients rich in fiber and lots of vegetables make you full and happy.
1 piece banana
1 piece red chili pepper
4g Aloha spice blend
( contains cereals, gluten (wheat), or products made from them )
100mlmilk (contains milk or milk products (including lactose)
1 pack/can of black beans
1 piece onion
1 piece clove of garlic
1 piece sweet potato
2 pieces tomato
6g vegetable broth ( contains celery or celery products )
1 piece red pointed peppers
150ml coconut milk
75g wheat flour (contains cereals containing gluten (wheat) or products made from them )
2g Baking powder
salt to taste
Pepper to taste
2 tablespoons olive or avocado oil
1. Heat 300 ml of water in the kettle. Peel and finely dice the onion and garlic, peel the sweet potato and cut it into 2 cm cubes. Halve the tomatoes, remove the stalk, and roughly dice.
Halve the finger pepper and chili pepper, remove the seeds, and cut the pepper halves into large pieces. In a large mixing bowl, add coconut milk with 300 ml of hot water and vegetable broth.
2. In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, add 1 tbsp olive or avocado oil and sauté the onion and garlic cubes for 3 minutes. Add the diced tomatoes and cook for another 3 minutes. Meanwhile, drain the black beans through a sieve and rinse until the water runs clear.
3. Add the black beans, diced sweet potatoes, pieces of pepper, spice mixture, and the coconut milk mixture and simmer for approx. 20 minutes until the sauce has thickened a little
Season with salt after the end of the cooking time. Meanwhile, peel the banana, break it into pieces, place it in a large bowl and continue with the recipe.
4. Pluck the parsley leaves finely chop, halve the chili lengthways, deseed the seeds, and cut the chili halves into fine strips.
Add 200 ml water, milk, flour, baking powder, chopped chili, and half the chopped parsley to the banana in the large bowl and mash well with a fork and mix into a pancake batter, season with salt.
5. In a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp oil over medium-high heat and bake pancakes, fry the pancakes for approx. 5 minutes on each side.